LONDON (Tuesday, 12 February 2019): National Geographic Traveller Food has picked out 17 of the world’s greatest culinary hotspots, to help you put food at the heart of your travel plans in 2019. In the latest issue, distributed free with March’s National Geographic Traveller, we celebrate the destinations that feel as though they were created with food lovers in mind, from European heavyweights such as Lyon and Bologna to distant culinary outposts like Cusco and Zanzibar.
Glen Mutel, editor of National Geographic Traveller Food, said: “A lot of us travel in the hope of a good meal. But if you’re going to truly follow your appetite, it helps to know which destinations can be relied upon to deliver. We’ve picked out those places that have good eating woven into their very fabric — where memorable meals are the norm, not the exception.”
Also in this issue, we experience an onion festival in Roscoff, Brittany, sample the cuisine of Costa Rica and journey to The Hague for a traditional Dutch family meal. All this, plus guides to the food hotspots of Rio de Janeiro, New Brunswick and Washington, DC.
In addition, expect the usual mix of thought-provoking features and easy-to-follow recipes from world-renowned contributors.
• Deconstruction: Laksa — revealing the secrets of the complex noodle dish
• In Pictures: A culinary fusion in Mauritius
• My Life in Food: Rugby’s James Haskell on pre-training foie gras and his dream trip to America’s Deep South
• Five ways with: Yasmin Khan offers up five great ways to use za’atar
• Make Perfect: Tips for making Portuguese custard tarts
• The Pioneer: Tom Adams on juggling pig-raising in Cornwall with creating barbecue food in London
On sale date: 7 February 2019.
Price: Free with the December edition of National Geographic Traveller (UK), which costs £4.60.
Website: Competitions, subscriptions, blogs, features and more. natgeotraveller.co.uk
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/NatGeoTravelUK