Celebrities and Artists join with Bonhams
Always wanted to have a sing-a-long with Jools Holland? Or lunch at Claridge’s with Dame Joan Collins? These are some of the pledges in Bonhams’ not-for-profit digital auction that have been generously donated by the UK’s leading actors, musicians, artists and sportspeople in aid of the NHS Charities Covid-19 Urgent
The auction will be hosted at bonhams.com and run for three weeks from 9am on Wednesday 8th April until Wednesday 29th April. Bids can be made by going to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on +44 (0) 20 7447 7447. All lots will be available to view online at bonhams.com/theblueauction.
Among the generous donations are:
- Artworks by Anish Kapoor, Julian Opie, The
Connor Brothers, and a visit to Grayson Perry’s studio
- A behind-the-scenes tour by BAFTA award-winning actress Imelda Staunton
- Joining Jools Holland for drinks behind the scenes at one of his forthcoming shows
- Lunch at Claridge’s with international film star Dame Joan Collins and a supporting cast of her husband, Percy Gibson and national treasure, Christopher Biggins
- Jeremy Paxman invites you and another family of your choice to have a round of University Challenge in a no-holds-barred contest. This special experience comes complete with a scorer
- Lights, Camera, Action! The Ultimate Call the Midwife Experience. This exceptional ‘money can’t buy’ lot is for up to 4 people, and will take place during the filming of Series 10 of the hit BBC series, Call the Midwife. Upon arrival on set, you, and up to three friends, will go through hair, make-up and costume, before stepping out and playing a walk-on role in the drama. This will be followed by lunch or tea with the cast, and to end off this extraordinary day, you will be presented with a production script signed by the cast and crew. Generously arranged and donated by Dame Pippa Harris DBE, Neal Street Productions, Heidi Thomas, Ann Tricklebank and Jenny Agutter OBE
Bonhams is waiving all charges which means 100% of proceeds are going to the NHS Charities Covid-19 Urgent Appeal. Funds from the NHS Covid-19 appeal will help support the health and wellbeing of NHS staff and volunteers supporting Covid-19 patients in ways above and beyond which NHS funding can ordinarily provide. The appeal has a target of £100 million.
Ellie Orton, Chief Executive of NHS Charities Together, said: “As the nation adjusts to life in lockdown, the commitment of NHS staff and volunteers shouldn’t be far from our minds. These are the people who leave their homes to care for others and work tirelessly in the face of the virus when they’re needed most. It’s easy to feel powerless in these challenging times but this campaign is a way we can make a difference, to look after these heroes so they can give the best care possible in these unprecedented circumstances.”
Patrick Masson, Bonhams Managing Director for the UK and Europe said: “The NHS staff and volunteers are heroes to us all. We at Bonhams are honoured to host this initiative and to donate the skills we have at our auction house to support those who are working so hard for us on the frontline.”
Money raised in the auction will go towards:
Funding well-being packs/gifts for staff and volunteers on wards/departments (this could include food deliveries, high energy/protein bars/drinks, snacks, refreshments, wash kits, overnight stay kits.)
Cost of travel, parking, accommodation for NHS staff and volunteer’s expenses
Other items as requested by NHS Charities that enhance the well-being of NHS staff and volunteers caring for Covid-19 patients.